There are many moving companies that can be found through the internet or by asking friends to help. These companies exist and have been there but most people only notice them when they have a need to use them. Moving companies can offer services that include moving a complete house, moving furniture, as well as offering storage facilities for house owners. There have been stories of a move gone badly especially when people do not take time to ensure they are using a reputable service provider.
People have been known to lose a lot of money in terms of stolen goods or missing goods. If the move contract is not done properly, this may result into long drawn out court battles with the moving company. Moving house in itself is tedious; you don’t want to add court battles to make it worse. That is why it is better to take all necessary precautions at the beginning of the relationship with the mover in Melbourne to ensure that there are no unpleasant surprises down the road.
Start by asking questions
Remember that no question is stupid as long as it helps give you an idea of what to expect. Ask questions like;
• For how long has your company been in the removal business?
• Do you offer insurance cover for the move? If you do what is covered and what is not?
• Is the company providing the services directly or is it using a subcontractor?
Ask for estimate
Make sure you are not only getting an online quote without a visit. A proper quote should be done after the house has been visited.
• Make a list of all that will be moved and present it to the mover in Melbourne.
• Get all quotes for thing sot be move and all other agreements you make with the contractor in writing
• Even if they give you a price, know that you can still ask for a rebate
• Be sure of what is included in the estimate
• Be clear about who is doing the packing
• Be clear about the type of boxes to use, that is if the mover has their own boxes or you can use any other box
• Clarify how payment will be done and I any initial deposits are required
• Be clear about any insurance cover available and how you can make a claim if the need arises
On the day of the move
• Make sure everything is ready before the movers arrive. Remember that they will charge you per hour
• Make sure the location where you are going to is also ready to receive the boxes
• Arrange to keep your valuables with you
• At the new location, make sure all boxes have been unloaded before the movers leave
Check this out for more info about cheap removals in Melbourne